Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fleeting Summer Days

I love Edmonton in the summer.

There. I said it.

It seems to me that's not a particularly popular opinion - to actually enjoy where you currently live. But I have always been a bit of a rebel.

The Fringe Festival is on right now, it's still sunny and warm, but the nights have cooled significantly. You can eat outside or in, and ice cream still feels like a totally reasonable "I need to cool down" purchase. I love it. 

I have been happily enjoying our short summer season, blissfully unaware that fall has been silently slipping in and touching the trees already. Yes, saw my first yellow leaves on the trees. Blerg.

So today's post isn't particularly relevant to my business, but simply a Happiness Call to Action. Enjoy the last days of summer. I truly believe how you do anything is how you do everything, so if you are waiting for the kids to be out of the house, or retirement, or whatever, to actually get out there and enjoy summer, know that you will ALWAYS be in a state of waiting. Seize the day and enjoy the sun. It doesn't last forever. 

Do you get that I am not just talking about summer here? 

Kristi Shmyr
Prana Holistic
blog comments powered by Disqus