Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hilarious Hippie Names

Ok, don't get me wrong - there are a lot of "Hippie" ideals I embrace. I even refer to myself as the Corporate Hippie sometimes. But I care about the environment and embrace the spiritual and natural world, well... quietly. It's important to me because it's important, not because I want to prove something to others.

I find it amusing when people in my field change their name to gloriously hippie, flower-child names. I feel it often comes across as forced, manipulative and kind of phony. These seem to be the same people saying things like "she's just not ready yet" or something equally condescending (it implies that they know where the person should be, or that they are more fully evolved).

So in the spirit of irreverence and light, Roberta and I have taken it upon ourselves to change our names, and the names of our fellow teammates at Prana.

Introducing...

Kristi as Rose Quartz Patchouli Rainwater.

Roberta as Crystal Heaven MorningGlory.

Adam as Sweetgrass Apache Tears Macrame (imagine a haughty accent aigu on that last e).

Elizabeth as Citrine Angel's Trumpet MoonShimmer.

Jordan as Jade Shimmering Waters Chokurei.

Leila as Juniper Aura Sunbeam Alive.

Ryan as Opal Tiger Lily Sagebrush.

Sharon as Aquamarine Lavender Earth Mother.

And just like that, we are better healers. 



Kristi Shmyr,  AKA 
Rose Quartz Patchouli Rainwater
Prana Holistic
blog comments powered by Disqus