Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kristi's No Sugar Experience

Heyo!

Check me out - this is my uber-professional picture, slightly distorted by this blog's image importing system. I had my hair and make-up done for my YWCA Women of Distinction nominee photo (in the category of entrepreneur) and am using it all overs the interweb so y'all can see me in my professional glory!

But I digress.

So, my 30-day Sugar-free month is over. (See Sugar is to Health what Tiger Woods is to Commitment for more on our Sugar-free month).

What did I learn?
  1. I eat more sugar than I thought.
  2.  My subconscious is adamant I maintain a certain sugar quota and barrages me with dreams of sugary sweets as punishment for not giving in to my cravings during the day, and yet;
  3. During the day, I didn't find it nearly as hard as I thought I would to resist the sweet temptations.
  4. Finally, when I resumed my sugar-eating, I broke out, got a yeast infection, and got a headache.
Lesson - I will now cut my sugar consumption to 2 treats a week, a fair trade for a brain that doesn't throb and clear skin, me thinks.

Now it's your turn to rock the sugar-free month. Try it and see - the Oreos and doughnuts will still exist in 30 days, and you get a chance to see what life would be like without sugar.

Kristi Shmyr
Prana Holistic





0 comments:

Post a Comment