Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reiki gets some Cred!

Reiki is a not very well understood healing technique. It also just happens to be my #1 favourite alternative health modality. Nothing beats it for pure and utter relaxation. The three months in which I learned reiki was a time of unbelievable peace and tranquility. I have yet to find an ache or pain that reiki has not eliminated (that's right, ELIMINATED, not lessened or made better, but completely annihilated).

All of that being said, reiki is still a hard sell to people. It seems weird and irrational and a little too "woo woo" for most people's liking. That's why I was so excited to see that Dr. Oz, the television doctor extraordinaire, actually promoted it as his number one thing to try in 2010 for your health! Imagine that - a well-established doctor to the masses, and he is promoting our little ol' reiki!

Check out the video here.

Looking for a reiki practitioner? Throw a rock - you will probably hit one ;) But seriously, practitioners abound, so ask around for a recommendation (if you are in Edmonton, Alberta, I happen to recommend myself and my fellow practitioners at Prana, but I may be biased!) and start your trip to "Reiki Space" as soon as possible!

To your health, happiness and success!

Kristi Shmyr

0 comments:

Post a Comment